AR500 Armor® 11” x 14” Curved Advanced Shooters Cut Level III Body Armor –Patent Pending
AR500 Armor® Level III Body Armor is manufactured from an extremely rugged ballistic grade steel core and coated with our PAXCON (a division of Line-X) spall and fragmentation protective coating. Our ballistic steel plate is unmatched in the industry and is formulated and treated specifically to our specifications for improved consistency, durability, and then tested to NIJ standards. Our ballistic plate core is stress fracture resistant, features an ultra-low profile of only .25”, and is designed to handle extreme abuse in day to day use, training, and less than ideal storage conditions. AR500 Armor® body armor will outlast alternative armor solutions such as Ceramic, Dyneema, UHMWPE, and raw/uncoated steel trauma plates.
Level III Rating: AR500 Armor® body armor is Stand-Alone and Multi-Hit capable. Designed to defeat rifle threats up to 7.62x51 M80 NATO Ball (.308 Winchester) at velocities up to 2,780 feet per second, and all pistol calibers.
An Extra Large body armor solution for those looking for maximum coverage or body armor to fit your Extra Large plate carrier. AR500 Armor® 11” x 14” Advanced Shooters Cut (ASC) plates are compatible with our XL Plate Carrier and other plate carriers able to accept Extra Large SAPI body armor plates. Measuring in at an actual 10.85” x 14” ensures our flat, curved model, and built up model(s) will fit firmly and properly into your plate carrier with no shifting or movement. Our 11” x 14” body armor is the largest production chest plate model we produce and provides adequate protection of your vitals on larger frames.
Featuring and ergonomic form, our curved 11" x 14" plate further improves ergonomics over standard flat body armor plates. The curve contours to your body and is recommended if you wear your body armor on a regular basis, or for duty use. A specific radius has been chosen for maximum comfort as a front or back plate for operators of varying height and weight; our curved 11" x 14" body armor can be used in either position in your plate carrier. To achieve the best ergonomics possible we recommend a curved front and back plate.
AR500 Armor® 11” x 14”Body Armor Features:
- 11” x 14” will fit in Plate Carriers that accept Extra Large SAPI body armor plates
- Measures at an actual 10.85” x 14” to ensure a snug and proper fit in plate pockets
- Fits ourXL Plate Carrier!
- Extra Large Design for maximum protection of your vitals on larger frames
- Outlasts Ceramic, Dyneema, and UHMWPE constructed body armor
- Rugged, Reliable, and Stress Fracture Resistant
- Multi-Hit capable and Stand-Alone
- Level III Rifle threat rated for calibers up to 7.62x51 (.308 Winchester) at 2,780fps
- AdvancedShootersCut (ASC) -Patent Pending
- PAXCON (Line-X) Military grade anti-spall & fragmentation protective coating
- Fully sealed design protects from Liquids, Chemicals, and Harsh Elements
- Certification, Independent, and In-House Ballistic Resistant Testing & Quality Control
- Designed to be used as a front or back plate
- Maintenance Free
- .25” Ultra Low Profile
- Weight 10lb’s
- 100% Made in the USA
AR500 Armor® Patent pendingAdvanced Shooters Cut – Our ASC is a unique cut designed to improve operator ergonomics when shouldering and firing their rifle while wearing AR500 Armor® Body Armor. Still providing maximum coverage, our ASC body armor has an advanced asymmetrical cut on the right shoulder which allows better positioning of your rifle. This significantly improves ergonomics over traditional body armor cuts. Our Flat 11” x 14” ASC body armor features an Ambidextrous strike face, and can be used in left or right handed configuration. Our Curved 11”x 14” Advanced Shooters Cut body armor ships in right handed configuration; left handed can be ordered by request.
The AR500 Armor® spall & fragmentation mitigation coating is simply the best in the industry. PAXCON (a division of Line-X) is a military grade protective coating designed for spall and fragmentation containment. PAXCON protective coatings have been used to increase protection on the walls of the U.S. Pentagon. This Line-X coating completely seals our armor helping reduce spall and fragmentation; and additionally protects it from chemicals, liquids, and other harsh elements. This fully sealed design combined with our advanced ballistic plate result in the Strongest, most Reliable longer term, Maintenance Freebody armor solution in the industry. More details on our PAXCON/Line-X spall and fragmentation mitigation protective coating can be found by Clicking Here.
Our body armor undergoes an extensive 4 stage cleaning, etching, and preparation process prior to application of our Line-X coating. This ensures maximum adhesion and helps mitigate “blow-outs” which are common in lesser quality coatings and improperly prepped and/or primed body armor alternatives.
AR500 Armor® body armor is manufactured and coated in-house 100% in the USA. We are an approved OEM applicator of PAXCON Line-X protective coatings.
AR500 Armor® body armor undergoes rigorous pre and post production certification, independent, and in-house ballistic resistant tests to level III standards. All body armor passes through multiple quality control checkpoints during our manufacturing process.
AR500 Armor Body Armor is Made in the USA!
Gun Laws & Restrictions
Ammunition, Magazines and other items are restricted in various jurisdictions throughout the United States. Please know the laws in your local jurisdiction. Dark Storm Industries will work with you to accommodate any legal purchase in these areas. Below are a few examples. Please contact us with any questions.
New York City - Ammunition order up to 200 rounds only. The buyer must provide a copy of their NYC Rifle / Pistol Permit before the order can ship. The easiest way to do this is simply photograph it with your Smart Phone and email it to email@example.com with your order number.
New York State - Ammunition may be ordered online BUT only for in-store pickup. Effective 30 days from when the NYSP puts their background check system online, you will need to provide any required information (TBD) and pass the background check to complete the transaction. If you are purchasing ammunition for a pistol you will need to show your NYS pistol permit.
Connecticut - For ammunition orders, the buyer must email a copy of their Connecticut pistol permit, eligibility certificate, long gun eligibility certificate or an ammunition certificate along with a valid form of identification in order to purchase ammunition. The easiest way to do this is simply photograph it with your Smart Phone and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number.
Stun Guns and Tasers
New York State - no sales to residents of New York City. All other counties are ok for retail or shipment.
Rifles & Magazines
Law Enforcement - If you are attempting to purchase a firearm or magazine in a jurisdiction where they are restricted to Law Enforcement Only, you will need to provide a copy of your law enforcement ID card before we can ship and if stated below, a letter authorizing the purchase for duty use on agency letterhead.
Below is a compilation of publicly available information to assist you in your purchases. The information contained herein should not be considered legal advise or any guarantee of legality. Customers should contact local law enforcement for clarification.
Returns and Defective Product
Your satisfaction is important to Dark Storm Industries. If you need to return a product, we will make every reasonable effort to satisfy you.
- Proof of purchase is required for all returns. This is your printed register receipt for in store purchases or order # for online sales linked to your account.
- Returns or exchanges must be processed within 30 days of purchase. All returns or exchanges must be in new, unused, sale-able condition unless it is defective.
- There are no returns or exchanges on firearms, ammunition, body armor, stun guns, tasers, pepper spray, discontinued, or clearance items.
- Training may be rescheduled without any additional fees, but it non-cancellable / non-refundable
- A 20% restocking fee will apply to all order cancellations or changes. This includes delayed NICS transactions that are requested to be cancelled.
- A $50.00 fee will be assessed on all NICS Deny Refunds.
- Items with prices ending in "XX.77" are discontinued and/or clearance items
- If you transfer in a firearm that is not compliant or you are unable to possess, the firearm will be shipped back at your expense. By attempting to transfer non-compliant guns, you will also forfeit your transfer fee.
- If you order a firearm that is NOT legal in your location, a 20% restocking fee will be assessed upon the order being refunded.
Please contact our customer service department via email at email@example.com or phone at 800-963-7700 to obtain an RMA # prior to shipping your item back to us.