AR500 Armor® Level IV Body Armor SAPI CUT - Curved 10"x12" (Composite & Ceramic)
30.06 APM2 (armor piercing) rounds a concern? AR500 Armor® level IV Body Armor is rated for just that. We are known for offering the most rugged and affordable body armor in the industry; and we've raised the bar again in terms of quality and value with our Level IV body armor solution. With a profile of .75" thick, our level IV body armor features a thinner profile compared to what's currently being offered on the market at 7.5lb's per plate. Rated for a single 30.06 APM2 (7.62mm x 63mm 165gr Armor Piercing, Black Tip) round, and all lesser Level III threats, AR500 Armor® Level IV Body Armor provides protection against a higher threat level than our traditional Level III body armor.
Stand-Alone, our Level IV body armor does not require any additional backing or soft inserts to meet the threat level. The curved contour improves comfort and ergonomics, with a similar design to the contour of our Level III body armor. We utilize a durable single panel ceramic strike face to maintain the best ballistic properties for higher level threats, and a composite backing comparable to a traditional armor system; similar to what is currently, standard issue in the military. Coated with our PAXCON protective coating in conjunction with our strike face, spall & fragmentation containment on our Level IV body armor is industry leading. Fully sealed from the elements, our PAXCON coating creates a water tight seal which protects the inner armor components from liquids, chemicals, UV, sweat, and other harsh elements. Designed to be used as a front or back plate.
AR500 Armor® Level IV Body Armor Features:
- Level IV rated for threats up to a 30.06 Armor Piercing round
- 10" x 12" SAPI cut profile
- Ergonomic curvature for improved comfort
- Designed to be used as a front or back plate
- Composite, Ceramic, and PAXCON construction
- Thin .75" profile
- 7.5lb per plate
- PAXCON coated, liquid, chemical, UV, and sweat resistant
- Single panel ceramic strike face, composite backing
- 5 Year Warranty
- 100% Made in the USA
After years of development and research we were aiming for a more robust and rugged option than what is currently being offered. That said, with any ceramic/composite armor system, multiple rounds in a small vicinity will degredate the strike face reducing performance on subsequent shots on that section of the plate, unlike our Steel Armor. The strike face plays a critical role in causing the bullet to deform, and tumble, allowing the composite backing to catch and stop the round.
Since we did venture away from steel on this offering, we wanted to chime in on the "Why". The reason for this was weight, cost, & performance. When attempting to defeat 30.06 APM2 rounds, the required thickness of steel adds enough weight and cost to the point of ceramic becoming a viable and very effective solution (with current technology). Simply put, a steel level IV solution in 10" x 12" would weigh nearly 13lb's per plate.
We feel we have one of the more rugged and durable level IV options available, for ceramic/composite construction. Designed to defeat a single round of 30.06 Black Tip APM2, and any lesser rifle round per NIJ standards. We aim to over deliver on our armor, and with reasonable shot placement, have stopped multiple rounds of APM2.
We want to make sure our views are clear as we foresee a few questions as why we ventured away from steel for our level IV armor solution. Our mission is simple. Put out the most reliable, high quality product we are capable of producing at a reasonable price. Anything less than that and we won't even consider putting it into production.
Simply put, if 30.06 APM2 is not a concern, our Level III solution provides above average protection within the realm of level III threats.
AR500 Armor® Body Armor is made in the USA!
Gun Laws & Restrictions
Ammunition, Magazines and other items are restricted in various jurisdictions throughout the United States. Please know the laws in your local jurisdiction. Dark Storm Industries will work with you to accommodate any legal purchase in these areas. Below are a few examples. Please contact us with any questions.
New York City - Ammunition order up to 200 rounds only. The buyer must provide a copy of their NYC Rifle / Pistol Permit before the order can ship. The easiest way to do this is simply photograph it with your Smart Phone and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number.
New York State - Ammunition may be ordered online BUT only for in-store pickup. Effective 30 days from when the NYSP puts their background check system online, you will need to provide any required information (TBD) and pass the background check to complete the transaction. If you are purchasing ammunition for a pistol you will need to show your NYS pistol permit.
Connecticut - For ammunition orders, the buyer must email a copy of their Connecticut pistol permit, eligibility certificate, long gun eligibility certificate or an ammunition certificate along with a valid form of identification in order to purchase ammunition. The easiest way to do this is simply photograph it with your Smart Phone and email it to email@example.com with your order number.
Stun Guns and Tasers
New York State - no sales to residents of New York City. All other counties are ok for retail or shipment.
Rifles & Magazines
Law Enforcement - If you are attempting to purchase a firearm or magazine in a jurisdiction where they are restricted to Law Enforcement Only, you will need to provide a copy of your law enforcement ID card before we can ship and if stated below, a letter authorizing the purchase for duty use on agency letterhead.
Below is a compilation of publicly available information to assist you in your purchases. The information contained herein should not be considered legal advise or any guarantee of legality. Customers should contact local law enforcement for clarification.
Returns and Defective Product
Your satisfaction is important to Dark Storm Industries. If you need to return a product, we will make every reasonable effort to satisfy you.
- Proof of purchase is required for all returns. This is your printed register receipt for in store purchases or order # for online sales linked to your account.
- Returns or exchanges must be processed within 30 days of purchase. All returns or exchanges must be in new, unused, sale-able condition unless it is defective.
- There are no returns or exchanges on firearms, ammunition, body armor, stun guns, tasers, pepper spray, discontinued, or clearance items.
- Training may be rescheduled without any additional fees, but it non-cancellable / non-refundable
- A 20% restocking fee will apply to all order cancellations or changes. This includes delayed NICS transactions that are requested to be cancelled.
- A $50.00 fee will be assessed on all NICS Deny Refunds.
- Items with prices ending in "XX.77" are discontinued and/or clearance items
- If you transfer in a firearm that is not compliant or you are unable to possess, the firearm will be shipped back at your expense. By attempting to transfer non-compliant guns, you will also forfeit your transfer fee.
- If you order a firearm that is NOT legal in your location, a 20% restocking fee will be assessed upon the order being refunded.
- Gift Cards must be treated as cash as they cannot be replaced if lost or stolen. Gift Cards cannot be redeemed for cash. Gift cards do not expire or charge fees.
- Lead times on firearms are estimations and are subject to change. Due to ongoing supply chain issues which were caused by the global pandemic, we cannot guarantee any specific timeframe. We do our absolute best to accurately estimate said lead times.
Please contact our customer service department via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 800-963-7700 to obtain an RMA # prior to shipping your item back to us.