Armalite AR-50 .50 BMG Rifles
The AR-50A1 National Match is similar to our standard AR-50A1 with some VERY important differences. The AR-50A1 NM is produced from selected components: The National Match’s 33 inch barrel is three inches longer than the standard AR-50A1’s barrel. The barrel has eight flutes. The flutes help with cooling and reduce unnecessary weight while maintaining accuracy-enhancing stiffness. The barrel has a 50 BMG chamber.
Armalite has also developed a “Skid System” for the AR-50A1 National Match. It’s meant for serious match use and comes standard, NOT as an expensive add-on. The Armalite Skid System provides parallel rests on the rifle that are parallel with the bore of the rifle so when it recoils it will recoil straight back. This has been requested by match shooters, some of whom have made their own. The front skid attaches to the slot in the forestock similar to the way bipod rails are attached. The rear skid attaches to the buttstock. Armalite developed the Skid System without modification to the AR-50A1’s original parts so the system can be used by shooters who already own an AR-50A1 and want to use their original stock with NO MODIFICATIONS.
Armalite’s great .50 has been refined, with smoother action, attractive new bolt stop, and even greater strength than the original AR-50. The same great accuracy, but now even more beautiful.
- Caliber: .50 BMG
- Barrel: 33” Chrome moly
- Rifling Twist: 1:15” RH
- Muzzle Device: Highly efficient multi-flute recoil check
- Front Sight Base: Modified octagonal form, grilled and slotted for MIL-STD 1913 scope rail with boss to engage Cross-Slot on receiver
- Stock: 3-section stock -- extruded forend, machined grip with vertical grip, forward and machined removable
- Bolt: Triple front locking lug
- Ejector: Spring loaded plunger, automatic ejection
- Extractor: Sako type
- Trigger: Shilen standard single-stage, approximately 5 lbs. pull
- Finish: Hard anodized aluminum, manganese phosphated steel
- Overall Length: 61.5"
- Weight: 33.6 lbs.
- Included: 15 minute sight base, ear plugs, owner's manual
- Warranty: Limited lifetime warranty
Gun Laws & Restrictions
Ammunition, Magazines and other items are restricted in various jurisdictions throughout the United States. Please know the laws in your local jurisdiction. Dark Storm Industries will work with you to accommodate any legal purchase in these areas. Below are a few examples. Please contact us with any questions.
New York City - Ammunition order up to 200 rounds only. The buyer must provide a copy of their NYC Rifle / Pistol Permit before the order can ship. The easiest way to do this is simply photograph it with your Smart Phone and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number.
New York State - Ammunition may be ordered online BUT only for in-store pickup. Effective 30 days from when the NYSP puts their background check system online, you will need to provide any required information (TBD) and pass the background check to complete the transaction. If you are purchasing ammunition for a pistol you will need to show your NYS pistol permit.
Connecticut - For ammunition orders, the buyer must email a copy of their Connecticut pistol permit, eligibility certificate, long gun eligibility certificate or an ammunition certificate along with a valid form of identification in order to purchase ammunition. The easiest way to do this is simply photograph it with your Smart Phone and email it to email@example.com with your order number.
Stun Guns and Tasers
New York State - no sales to residents of New York City. All other counties are ok for retail or shipment.
Rifles & Magazines
Law Enforcement - If you are attempting to purchase a firearm or magazine in a jurisdiction where they are restricted to Law Enforcement Only, you will need to provide a copy of your law enforcement ID card before we can ship and if stated below, a letter authorizing the purchase for duty use on agency letterhead.
Below is a compilation of publicly available information to assist you in your purchases. The information contained herein should not be considered legal advise or any guarantee of legality. Customers should contact local law enforcement for clarification.
Returns and Defective Product
Your satisfaction is important to Dark Storm Industries. If you need to return a product, we will make every reasonable effort to satisfy you.
- Proof of purchase is required for all returns. This is your printed register receipt for in store purchases or order # for online sales linked to your account.
- Returns or exchanges must be processed within 30 days of purchase. All returns or exchanges must be in new, unused, sale-able condition unless it is defective.
- There are no returns or exchanges on firearms, ammunition, body armor, stun guns, tasers, pepper spray, discontinued, or clearance items.
- Training may be rescheduled without any additional fees, but it non-cancellable / non-refundable
- A 20% restocking fee will apply to all order cancellations or changes. This includes delayed NICS transactions that are requested to be cancelled.
- A $50.00 fee will be assessed on all NICS Deny Refunds.
- Items with prices ending in "XX.77" are discontinued and/or clearance items
- If you transfer in a firearm that is not compliant or you are unable to possess, the firearm will be shipped back at your expense. By attempting to transfer non-compliant guns, you will also forfeit your transfer fee.
- If you order a firearm that is NOT legal in your location, a 20% restocking fee will be assessed upon the order being refunded.
- Gift Cards must be treated as cash as they cannot be replaced if lost or stolen. Gift Cards cannot be redeemed for cash. Gift cards do not expire or charge fees.
- Lead times on firearms are estimations and are subject to change. Due to ongoing supply chain issues which were caused by the global pandemic, we cannot guarantee any specific timeframe. We do our absolute best to accurately estimate said lead times.
Please contact our customer service department via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 800-963-7700 to obtain an RMA # prior to shipping your item back to us.