Armalite AR-50 .50 BMG Rifles
The AR-50A1 National Match is similar to our standard AR-50A1 with some VERY important differences. The AR-50A1 NM is produced from selected components: The National Match’s 33 inch barrel is three inches longer than the standard AR-50A1’s barrel. The barrel has eight flutes. The flutes help with cooling and reduce unnecessary weight while maintaining accuracy-enhancing stiffness. The barrel has a 50 BMG chamber.
Armalite has also developed a “Skid System” for the AR-50A1 National Match. It’s meant for serious match use and comes standard, NOT as an expensive add-on. The Armalite Skid System provides parallel rests on the rifle that are parallel with the bore of the rifle so when it recoils it will recoil straight back. This has been requested by match shooters, some of whom have made their own. The front skid attaches to the slot in the forestock similar to the way bipod rails are attached. The rear skid attaches to the buttstock. Armalite developed the Skid System without modification to the AR-50A1’s original parts so the system can be used by shooters who already own an AR-50A1 and want to use their original stock with NO MODIFICATIONS.
Armalite’s great .50 has been refined, with smoother action, attractive new bolt stop, and even greater strength than the original AR-50. The same great accuracy, but now even more beautiful.
- Caliber: .50 BMG
- Barrel: 33” Chrome moly
- Rifling Twist: 1:15” RH
- Muzzle Device: Highly efficient multi-flute recoil check
- Front Sight Base: Modified octagonal form, grilled and slotted for MIL-STD 1913 scope rail with boss to engage Cross-Slot on receiver
- Stock: 3-section stock -- extruded forend, machined grip with vertical grip, forward and machined removable
- Bolt: Triple front locking lug
- Ejector: Spring loaded plunger, automatic ejection
- Extractor: Sako type
- Trigger: Shilen standard single-stage, approximately 5 lbs. pull
- Finish: Hard anodized aluminum, manganese phosphated steel
- Overall Length: 61.5"
- Weight: 33.6 lbs.
- Included: 15 minute sight base, ear plugs, owner's manual
- Warranty: Limited lifetime warranty
Ammunition, Magazines and other items are restricted in various jurisdictions throughout the United States. Please know the laws in your local jurisdiction. Dark Storm Industries will work with you to accommodate any legal purchase in these areas. Below are a few examples. Please contact us with any questions.
New York City - Ammunition order up to 200 rounds only. The buyer must provide a copy of their NYC Rifle / Pistol Permit before the order can ship. The easiest way to do this is simply photograph it with your Smart Phone and email it to email@example.com with your order number.
New York State - Ammunition may be ordered online BUT only for in-store pickup. Effective 30 days from when the NYSP puts their background check system online, you will need to provide any required information (TBD) and pass the background check to complete the transaction. If you are purchasing ammunition for a pistol you will need to show your NYS pistol permit.
Connecticut - For ammunition orders, the buyer must email a copy of their Connecticut pistol permit, eligibility certificate, long gun eligibility certificate or an ammunition certificate along with a valid form of identification in order to purchase ammunition. The easiest way to do this is simply photograph it with your Smart Phone and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number.
Rifles & Magazines
Law Enforcement - If you are attempting to purchase a firearm or magazine in a jurisdiction where they are restricted to Law Enforcement Only, you will need to provide a copy of your law enforcement ID card before we can ship and if stated below, a letter authorizing the purchase for duty use on agency letterhead.
Below is a compilation of publicly available information to assist you in your purchases. The information contained herein should not be considered legal advise or any guarantee of legality. Customers should contact local law enforcement for clarification.
* California PL 32310 "Large Capacity Magazines" was ruled unconsitutional on March 29, 2019 in Duncan vs AG of State of California Case 3:17-cv-01017-BDN-JLB Document 87. We will ship magazines of any capacity to California until such a time as this ruling is stayed or overturned. Be aware that if that happens possession may again become illegal without any notice.