We encourage you to call for pricing and availability on the firearm you are interested in BEFORE you purchase it from another store. We may be able to save you time and money by purchasing directly from DSI.
- Select this for firearms that DSI does NOT carry. If you can find the firearm on our website use the FFL transfer for "stock"
- Incoming Transfers from other FFLs or Out of State Persons via FFL
- Includes NCIS Background Check
- All transfer for civilians must be NYS SAFE Act Compliant (Active LEO transfers are exempt). Additional fees will apply to ship outbound or to block magazines with a capackity greater than 10 rounds.
- All firearms being transfered MUST include a lock or a lock must be purchased at the time of transfer
- All firearms MUST be shipped from an FFL or other authorized entity (LE Agency or CMP)
- A separate $25.00 fee for storage and handling will be charged for other non-firearm items included with a firearm transfer. This fee will apply to: lower parts kits, triggers, buffer parts, upper receivers (if not a dedicated upper lower set) and any other items shipped with the firearm that are not directly part of the firearm as included by the original manufacturer.
Transfers must be picked up in person and you must bring you current, valid, NYS drivers license. The process can take between 10 miniutes and more than an hour depending on the backlog at the NCIS call center.
Ammunition, Magazines and other items are restricted in various jurisdictions throughout the United States. Please know the laws in your local jurisdiction. Dark Storm Industries will work with you to accommodate any legal purchase in these areas. Below are a few examples. Please contact us with any questions.
New York City - Ammunition order up to 200 rounds only. The buyer must provide a copy of their NYC Rifle / Pistol Permit before the order can ship. The easiest way to do this is simply photograph it with your Smart Phone and email it to email@example.com with your order number.
New York State - Ammunition may be ordered online BUT only for in-store pickup. Effective 30 days from when the NYSP puts their background check system online, you will need to provide any required information (TBD) and pass the background check to complete the transaction. If you are purchasing ammunition for a pistol you will need to show your NYS pistol permit.
Connecticut - For ammunition orders, the buyer must email a copy of their Connecticut pistol permit, eligibility certificate, long gun eligibility certificate or an ammunition certificate along with a valid form of identification in order to purchase ammunition. The easiest way to do this is simply photograph it with your Smart Phone and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number.
Rifles & Magazines
Law Enforcement - If you are attempting to purchase a firearm or magazine in a jurisdiction where they are restricted to Law Enforcement Only, you will need to provide a copy of your law enforcement ID card before we can ship and if stated below, a letter authorizing the purchase for duty use on agency letterhead.
Below is a compilation of publicly available information to assist you in your purchases. The information contained herein should not be considered legal advise or any guarantee of legality. Customers should contact local law enforcement for clarification.
* California PL 32310 "Large Capacity Magazines" was ruled unconsitutional on March 29, 2019 in Duncan vs AG of State of California Case 3:17-cv-01017-BDN-JLB Document 87. We will ship magazines of any capacity to California until such a time as this ruling is stayed or overturned. Be aware that if that happens possession may again become illegal without any notice.