Gunshot Trauma Aid Kit - Advanced
It's better to have a GideonTactical GTAK and not need it, than to need one and not have it. The biggest cause of death from handguns is due to exsanguination (bleeding to death) rather than from the bullet impacting a critical link in the nervous system. The primary goal of gunshot wound management is to stop the bleeding. For the recreational shooter, that means having a good gunshot trauma aid kit at hand could be the difference between life and death.
This is an excellent kit to have on patrol, at a shooting range, or anywhere firearms are present or a gunshot wound is possible. The GTAK is designed to treat gunshot and knife wounds which could become fatal prior to the arrival of EMS in 5 to 15 minutes. Each GTAK will treat a gunshot or knife wound or other injury with traumatic bleeding.
- can fit in your bag, pack or case. The military grade resealable aLOKSAK protects the contents from humidity, water, dust and sand.
is a specially designed, first-aid device that is used to stop bleeding from hemorrhagic wounds caused by traumatic injuries in pre-hospital emergency situations. This life-saving bandage is the ideal solution for emergency treatment when every second counts. It is an innovative device that staunches blood flow for hemorrhagic wounds in emergency situations.
is a completely occlusive dressing used for the treatment of penetrating injuries to the chest. Now featuring a larger, 6 in. x 6 in. size and enhanced adhesive gel formulation, the new HyFin® Chest Seal creates a superior seal, even in the most adverse conditions. The new HyFin® Chest Seal also features a transparent backing to allow placement directly over the wound and easily conforms to the casualty’s chest.
is similar to the QuikClot Combat Gauze which is carried by every warfighter currently serving in all branches of the U.S. military and many U.S. allied militaries, QuikClot Combat Gauze LE is a soft, white, sterile, nonwoven 3 in x 12 ft z‐folded gauze impregnated with kaolin, an inert mineral with no known contraindications. Each QuikClot Combat Gauze LE unit is individually wrapped in an easy rip, sterile pouch. Rather than a standard roll, Z‐Medica utilizes a z‐fold design which allows for a quicker release from the package and more sanitary application process in a trauma situation. Indicated for temporary external use to control traumatic bleeding, QuikClot Gauze is flexible and pliable and contours to all wounds, and can achieve hemostasis in traumatic bleeding situations in as little as three minutes.
The patented C-A-T® is a true one-handed tourniquet proven to be 100% effective by the U.S. Army’s Institute of Surgical Research. Tests proved that the C-A-T® completely occluded blood flow of an extremity in the event of a traumatic wound with significant hemorrhage. The C-A-T® utilizes a durable windlass system with a patented free-moving internal band providing true circumferential pressure to the extremity. Once adequately tightened, bleeding will cease and the windlass is locked into place. A hook and loop windlass retention strap is then applied, securing the windlass to maintain pressure during casualty evacuation. The C-A-T®’s unique dual securing system avoids the use of screws and clips which can become difficult to operate under survival stress or where fine motor skills are compromised.
Teleflex Nasal Airways are soft and flexible to prevent damage to the nasal passage.
Patented ARS® Needle Decompression Kits are designed to provide the appropriate length needle/catheter to penetrate the pleural space in 99% of patients.
is not a first aid kit and is not intended to treat minor injuries.
Gun Laws & Restrictions
Ammunition, Magazines and other items are restricted in various jurisdictions throughout the United States. Please know the laws in your local jurisdiction. Dark Storm Industries will work with you to accommodate any legal purchase in these areas. Below are a few examples. Please contact us with any questions.
New York City - Ammunition order up to 200 rounds only. The buyer must provide a copy of their NYC Rifle / Pistol Permit before the order can ship. The easiest way to do this is simply photograph it with your Smart Phone and email it to email@example.com with your order number.
New York State - Ammunition may be ordered online BUT only for in-store pickup. Effective 30 days from when the NYSP puts their background check system online, you will need to provide any required information (TBD) and pass the background check to complete the transaction. If you are purchasing ammunition for a pistol you will need to show your NYS pistol permit.
Connecticut - For ammunition orders, the buyer must email a copy of their Connecticut pistol permit, eligibility certificate, long gun eligibility certificate or an ammunition certificate along with a valid form of identification in order to purchase ammunition. The easiest way to do this is simply photograph it with your Smart Phone and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number.
Stun Guns and Tasers
New York State - no sales to residents of New York City. All other counties are ok for retail or shipment.
Rifles & Magazines
Law Enforcement - If you are attempting to purchase a firearm or magazine in a jurisdiction where they are restricted to Law Enforcement Only, you will need to provide a copy of your law enforcement ID card before we can ship and if stated below, a letter authorizing the purchase for duty use on agency letterhead.
Below is a compilation of publicly available information to assist you in your purchases. The information contained herein should not be considered legal advise or any guarantee of legality. Customers should contact local law enforcement for clarification.
Returns and Defective Product
Your satisfaction is important to Dark Storm Industries. If you need to return a product, we will make every reasonable effort to satisfy you.
- Proof of purchase is required for all returns. This is your printed register receipt for in store purchases or order # for online sales linked to your account.
- Returns or exchanges must be processed within 30 days of purchase. All returns or exchanges must be in new, unused, sale-able condition unless it is defective.
- There are no returns or exchanges on firearms, ammunition, body armor, stun guns, tasers, pepper spray, discontinued, or clearance items.
- Training may be rescheduled without any additional fees, but it non-cancellable / non-refundable
- A 20% restocking fee will apply to all order cancellations or changes. This includes delayed NICS transactions that are requested to be cancelled.
- A $50.00 fee will be assessed on all NICS Deny Refunds.
- Items with prices ending in "XX.77" are discontinued and/or clearance items
- If you transfer in a firearm that is not compliant or you are unable to possess, the firearm will be shipped back at your expense. By attempting to transfer non-compliant guns, you will also forfeit your transfer fee.
- If you order a firearm that is NOT legal in your location, a 20% restocking fee will be assessed upon the order being refunded.
- Gift Cards must be treated as cash as they cannot be replaced if lost or stolen. Gift Cards cannot be redeemed for cash. Gift cards do not expire or charge fees.
- Lead times on firearms are estimations and are subject to change. Due to ongoing supply chain issues which were caused by the global pandemic, we cannot guarantee any specific timeframe. We do our absolute best to accurately estimate said lead times.
Please contact our customer service department via email at email@example.com or phone at 800-963-7700 to obtain an RMA # prior to shipping your item back to us.