Surefire SOCOM Muzzle Brake
The advanced SureFire SFMB-762-5/8-24 muzzle brake, which fits the Armalite AR-10, DPMS LR308, and 7.62 mm rifles with 5/8-24 muzzle threads, greatly reduces both recoil impulse and muzzle rise and features neutral porting that loads bi-pod legs evenly. Its patented Impulse Diffusion design minimizes side blast and rear-directed concussion effects. The SFMB-762-5/8-24 also serves as a rock-solid mounting adapter for SureFire SOCOM Series 7.62 mm Fast-Attach® suppressors, the SOCOM762-RC model having recently won the Mk13 .300 Win-Mag sniper rifle contract award with the US Special Operations Command in the most extensive and rigorous suppressor testing ever conducted.
Precision machined from US mill-certified heat-treated stainless steel bar stock—including high-precision single-point cut threads for optimum thread interface—the SFMB-762-5/8-24 muzzle brake is given a black Ionbond DLC coating to provide maximum protection under harsh environmental conditions and to facilitate cleaning even after extreme use.
When used in conjunction with a SOCOM Series suppressor, the patent-pending design of the SFMB-762-5/8-24 provides multiple bearing surfaces to ensure superior suppressor alignment. A rear labyrinth seal minimizes potential carbon buildup in the indexing system and facilitates suppressor removal after extended firing.
All SureFire SOCOM Series muzzle brakes have blind pilot holes at the 3 and 9 o’clock position to enable fine-tuning of recoil characteristics for individual shooting styles or ammunition characteristics. They also have blind pilot holes at the 6 o’clock position to enable indexing the adapter at bottom dead center, and to pin-and-weld on short-barreled rifles. All that is required is a basic hand drill and appropriate drill bits.
SureFire muzzle brakes are individually inspected for concentricity and alignment, and each is covered by SureFire’s No-Hassle Guarantee.
FITS: Armalite AR-10, DPMS LR308, and 7.62 rifles with 5/8-24 muzzle threads
MOUNTS: All SureFire SOCOM Series 7.62 mm /.308 caliber sound suppressors
NOTE: SureFire SOCOM Series Fast-Attach sound suppressors and current-model muzzle brake/suppressor adapters and flash hider/suppressor adapters are not compatible with previous SureFire Fast-Attach sound suppressors, muzzle brakes, or flash hiders.
- Delivers greatly reduced recoil impulse and muzzle rise, and features neutral porting that loads bi-pod legs evenly.
- Multiple bearing surfaces for superior suppressor alignment
- Precision machined from US mill-certified heat-treated stainless steel bar stock
- High-precision single-point cut barrel threads for optimum thread interface
- Inspected for all critical dimensions including concentricity and alignment
- Pilot holes for tuning of muzzle brake and to pin-and-weld on short-barreled rifles
- Black Ionbond DLC coating provides maximum protection against harsh environmental conditions and facilitates cleaning after extreme use
- Serves as rock-solid mounting adapter for SureFire SOCOM Series sound suppressors
- Labyrinth seals prevent carbon buildup on suppressor lock ring indexing system
- Installation requires no permanent modifications for Armalite AR-10 and DPMS LR308 rifles
Ammunition, Magazines and other items are restricted in various jurisdictions throughout the United States. Please know the laws in your local jurisdiction. Dark Storm Industries will work with you to accommodate any legal purchase in these areas. Below are a few examples. Please contact us with any questions.
New York City - Ammunition order up to 200 rounds only. The buyer must provide a copy of their NYC Rifle / Pistol Permit before the order can ship. The easiest way to do this is simply photograph it with your Smart Phone and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number.
New York State - Ammunition may be ordered online BUT only for in-store pickup. Effective 30 days from when the NYSP puts their background check system online, you will need to provide any required information (TBD) and pass the background check to complete the transaction. If you are purchasing ammunition for a pistol you will need to show your NYS pistol permit.
Connecticut - For ammunition orders, the buyer must email a copy of their Connecticut pistol permit, eligibility certificate, long gun eligibility certificate or an ammunition certificate along with a valid form of identification in order to purchase ammunition. The easiest way to do this is simply photograph it with your Smart Phone and email it to email@example.com with your order number.
Rifles & Magazines
Law Enforcement - If you are attempting to purchase a firearm or magazine in a jurisdiction where they are restricted to Law Enforcement Only, you will need to provide a copy of your law enforcement ID card before we can ship and if stated below, a letter authorizing the purchase for duty use on agency letterhead.
Below is a compilation of publicly available information to assist you in your purchases. The information contained herein should not be considered legal advise or any guarantee of legality. Customers should contact local law enforcement for clarification.
* California PL 32310 "Large Capacity Magazines" was ruled unconsitutional on March 29, 2019 in Duncan vs AG of State of California Case 3:17-cv-01017-BDN-JLB Document 87. We will ship magazines of any capacity to California until such a time as this ruling is stayed or overturned. Be aware that if that happens possession may again become illegal without any notice.