When looking for a 1911 trigger upgrade for your pistol, a common improvement sought by shooters is a trigger job with a crisp, clean break. Until now, a high-quality trigger job has never been in the realm of a “drop-in” upgrade. Nighthawk Custom has changed that with the introduction of our Drop-In Trigger System (DTS) for 1911 pistols.
An all-in-one unit, the DTS replaces your existing hammer, hammer strut, sear, disconnector, and sear spring. Your existing sear pin and hammer pin will be retained for use with the DTS, but no other parts are necessary for installation. With a steel housing securing the unit, the DTS features all Fully Machined™, stainless steel internal components. The traditional three-pronged sear spring is no longer necessary as the springs for the disconnector and sear are built into the unit. A single-leg grip safety spring is included with the DTS to replace the existing sear spring.
Never has a high-quality trigger job been this simple for 1911 shooters. The Drop-In Trigger System is designed for use in most 1911 models, and installation is simple enough that minimal gunsmithing skills are necessary. With a proper safety check and minor gunsmithing skills, our Drop-In Trigger System can give your current 1911 a high-quality trigger job in the time it takes for a routine cleaning of your pistol. Available with stainless or black nitride hammer.
We designed the Drop-In Trigger System to be approximately 3.75-4 lb trigger pull in most applications after the proper break-in period.
Trigger pull may vary slightly from pistol to pistol depending on a variety of factors. We recommend a 500-round break-in period for final results.
*Minor gunsmithing may be required.
Why choose the Nighthawk Custom Drop-In Trigger System over sending your pistol to a custom shop?
- Anyone can install the DTS. No serious gunsmithing is required.
- You get a clean and crisp, 3.75 - 4 lb trigger pull in a matter of minutes.
- There is no sending your pistol off to a custom shop and then waiting 2-3 months to get it back.
- Minimal tools required to complete installation.
- The DTS is easily swapped to a backup pistol in a pinch.
- The DTS is perfect for the home gun builder who can assemble and fit minor parts but isn’t quite comfortable stoning sear and hammer surfaces.
- Average cost for custom trigger job is $380 including shipping
The Benefits of The Nighthawk Custom Drop-In Trigger System:
- Safe and Reliable
- All internal components are Fully Machined from bar stock 416 stainless steel.
- Offers parallel alignment between the sear and hammer.
- Many stock frames have sear and hammer pin holes that are oversized or not parallel.
- This causes inconsistent results when installing traditional hammers and sears.
- Since the unit is self-contained, the DTS is in control of the critical hammer/sear pivot pin placements and diameters.
- Because Nighthawk is in control of these dimensions, the manufacturer of the frame becomes less of a variable for consistent trigger work.
- Works with 1911 models in Series 70, Series 80, and Swartz Style, as well as 2011 models.
- No bending or tweaking of sear spring legs is necessary to try to tune the pull weight.
- You get a clean and crisp trigger pull.
- Most other trigger kits will have built-in creep due to accommodation of frame manufacturing tolerances.
*In response to questions we have received from our customers, this Drop-In Trigger System is not used in our custom 1911 handguns. The DTS unit is meant to be utilized as an upgrade to production 1911s.
Gun Laws & Restrictions
Ammunition, Magazines and other items are restricted in various jurisdictions throughout the United States. Please know the laws in your local jurisdiction. Dark Storm Industries will work with you to accommodate any legal purchase in these areas. Below are a few examples. Please contact us with any questions.
New York City - Ammunition order up to 200 rounds only. The buyer must provide a copy of their NYC Rifle / Pistol Permit before the order can ship. The easiest way to do this is simply photograph it with your Smart Phone and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number.
New York State - Ammunition may be ordered online BUT only for in-store pickup. Effective 30 days from when the NYSP puts their background check system online, you will need to provide any required information (TBD) and pass the background check to complete the transaction. If you are purchasing ammunition for a pistol you will need to show your NYS pistol permit.
Connecticut - For ammunition orders, the buyer must email a copy of their Connecticut pistol permit, eligibility certificate, long gun eligibility certificate or an ammunition certificate along with a valid form of identification in order to purchase ammunition. The easiest way to do this is simply photograph it with your Smart Phone and email it to email@example.com with your order number.
Stun Guns and Tasers
New York State - no sales to residents of New York City. All other counties are ok for retail or shipment.
Rifles & Magazines
Law Enforcement - If you are attempting to purchase a firearm or magazine in a jurisdiction where they are restricted to Law Enforcement Only, you will need to provide a copy of your law enforcement ID card before we can ship and if stated below, a letter authorizing the purchase for duty use on agency letterhead.
Below is a compilation of publicly available information to assist you in your purchases. The information contained herein should not be considered legal advise or any guarantee of legality. Customers should contact local law enforcement for clarification.
Returns and Defective Product
Your satisfaction is important to Dark Storm Industries. If you need to return a product, we will make every reasonable effort to satisfy you.
- Proof of purchase is required for all returns. This is your printed register receipt for in store purchases or order # for online sales linked to your account.
- Returns or exchanges must be processed within 30 days of purchase. All returns or exchanges must be in new, unused, sale-able condition unless it is defective.
- There are no returns or exchanges on firearms, ammunition, body armor, stun guns, tasers, pepper spray, discontinued, or clearance items.
- Training may be rescheduled without any additional fees, but it non-cancellable / non-refundable
- A 20% restocking fee will apply to all order cancellations or changes. This includes delayed NICS transactions that are requested to be cancelled.
- A $50.00 fee will be assessed on all NICS Deny Refunds.
- Items with prices ending in "XX.77" are discontinued and/or clearance items
- If you transfer in a firearm that is not compliant or you are unable to possess, the firearm will be shipped back at your expense. By attempting to transfer non-compliant guns, you will also forfeit your transfer fee.
- If you order a firearm that is NOT legal in your location, a 20% restocking fee will be assessed upon the order being refunded.
- Gift Cards must be treated as cash as they cannot be replaced if lost or stolen. Gift Cards cannot be redeemed for cash. Gift cards do not expire or charge fees.
- Lead times on firearms are estimations and are subject to change. Due to ongoing supply chain issues which were caused by the global pandemic, we cannot guarantee any specific timeframe. We do our absolute best to accurately estimate said lead times.
Please contact our customer service department via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 800-963-7700 to obtain an RMA # prior to shipping your item back to us.