There are few things as deeply ingrained into American firearms culture as a lever action .45-70 rifle, especially when it’s made right here on U.S. soil. It evokes images and fantasies of days past while still being wholly capable in the hands of a modern hunter. The Lever Action X Model .45-70 borrows all that nostalgia and crams it into a feature-packed modern big bore rifle that begs to be put through the wringer.
Tough synthetic furniture provides a lightweight and worry-free alternative to our typical hardwood and accommodates in-line sling swivel studs, a Picatinny rail, and M-Lok accessory slots on the forestock. The solid rubber recoil pad ensures that the buttstock won’t slip and slide around while shooting a cartridge that can take down even the largest game in the world. The blued steel barrel is topped off with fiber optic sights for quick target acquisition and the muzzle end is threaded (5/8×24 pitch) to accept a suppressor or any other muzzle device you choose. Continuing with the theme of modularity, the rifle’s receiver is drilled and tapped to accept your choice of optics.
Keeping true to our roots, the Lever Action X Model .45-70 utilizes a 4-round removable tube magazine for convenient unloading, and the addition of a side loading gate allows that magazine to be kept topped off without needing to remove the tube or suppressor.
Whether you’re in need of a lightweight brush gun, versatile hog dropper, rugged deer gun, dedicated truck gun, or all the above, you will be hard-pressed to find a better option. The lever action .45-70 has been around forever, but that doesn’t mean it needs to stop evolving to meet modern needs.
*** SHIPS TO FFL OR LOCAL PICKUP ONLY - EMAIL US FOR MORE INFO ***
Gun Laws & Restrictions
Ammunition, Magazines and other items are restricted in various jurisdictions throughout the United States. Please know the laws in your local jurisdiction. Dark Storm Industries will work with you to accommodate any legal purchase in these areas. Below are a few examples. Please contact us with any questions.
New York City - Ammunition order up to 200 rounds only. The buyer must provide a copy of their NYC Rifle / Pistol Permit before the order can ship. The easiest way to do this is simply photograph it with your Smart Phone and email it to email@example.com with your order number.
New York State - Ammunition may be ordered online BUT only for in-store pickup. Effective 30 days from when the NYSP puts their background check system online, you will need to provide any required information (TBD) and pass the background check to complete the transaction. If you are purchasing ammunition for a pistol you will need to show your NYS pistol permit.
Connecticut - For ammunition orders, the buyer must email a copy of their Connecticut pistol permit, eligibility certificate, long gun eligibility certificate or an ammunition certificate along with a valid form of identification in order to purchase ammunition. The easiest way to do this is simply photograph it with your Smart Phone and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number.
Stun Guns and Tasers
New York State - no sales to residents of New York City. All other counties are ok for retail or shipment.
Rifles & Magazines
Law Enforcement - If you are attempting to purchase a firearm or magazine in a jurisdiction where they are restricted to Law Enforcement Only, you will need to provide a copy of your law enforcement ID card before we can ship and if stated below, a letter authorizing the purchase for duty use on agency letterhead.
Below is a compilation of publicly available information to assist you in your purchases. The information contained herein should not be considered legal advise or any guarantee of legality. Customers should contact local law enforcement for clarification.
Returns and Defective Product
Your satisfaction is important to Dark Storm Industries. If you need to return a product, we will make every reasonable effort to satisfy you.
- Proof of purchase is required for all returns. This is your printed register receipt for in store purchases or order # for online sales linked to your account.
- Returns or exchanges must be processed within 30 days of purchase. All returns or exchanges must be in new, unused, sale-able condition unless it is defective.
- There are no returns or exchanges on firearms, ammunition, body armor, stun guns, tasers, pepper spray, discontinued, or clearance items.
- Training may be rescheduled without any additional fees, but it non-cancellable / non-refundable
- A 20% restocking fee will apply to all order cancellations or changes. This includes delayed NICS transactions that are requested to be cancelled.
- A $50.00 fee will be assessed on all NICS Deny Refunds.
- Items with prices ending in "XX.77" are discontinued and/or clearance items
- If you transfer in a firearm that is not compliant or you are unable to possess, the firearm will be shipped back at your expense. By attempting to transfer non-compliant guns, you will also forfeit your transfer fee.
- If you order a firearm that is NOT legal in your location, a 20% restocking fee will be assessed upon the order being refunded.
Please contact our customer service department via email at email@example.com or phone at 800-963-7700 to obtain an RMA # prior to shipping your item back to us.